Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Lats stretch: this is a great feeling exercise that targets the superficial latissimus dorsi (lats) muscle group; a large, broad, flat muscle on the back that connects the arm to the spine and the pelvis.
- in standing, place upright roller an arms length away.
- with feet and knees hip width apart and knees slightly bent,
- bend forward at the hips,
- keeping arms straight, place right palm over the end of the roller, left palm on right hand,
- head should remain between the upper arms as you ‘hang’ from the roller, feeling the stretch especially at the edge of the shoulders,
- hold for 20-30 seconds
- aim for alignment horizontally through ears, shoulders and hips,
- also you should aim for vertical alignment with your lats stretch through the hips and ankles,
- don’t hold your breath. Ideally, use a deep breath in and then out to move further into your lats stretch.
For the latest news and access to out exclusive content sign up to our mailing list today!