Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Frog stretch with a roller is a simple lower back, shoulder and groin release performed on the floor. It is similar to a ‘childs pose’ in Yoga and helps to elongate the back, open up the hips and loosen the shoulders.
- in kneeling, place roller horizontally on the floor in front of you,
- place wrists wide, on top of the roller, at each end, hands flopping over the roller
- put feet together, knees apart,
- lower buttocks towards heels, letting knees slide further apart,
- let head rest on the floor and hands drop over roller,
- hold for 30- 60 seconds.
- just do the frog stretch in the range that is comfortable,
- there should be no knee pain or lower back pain or shoulder pain,
- breathe throughout the stretch.
- if your knees are sore add a pillow in-between as shown below