The following simple balance exercises will all challenge and as such contribute to improving your balance. They include exercises with single stance positions and unstable stance positions (as anytime you make the surface underneath you smaller or less stable, you are going to have to use more balance!). There is also a focus on glutes and core strength.
- This simple program assumes that you want (or need) to improve your balance (e.g. following an ankle injury or as you age).
- Read the instructions for each exercise thoroughly.
- Warm up first then follow the order of the exercises as listed.
- There are glutes and core strengthening exercises throughout this program.
- As you improve try the harder options.
- Warm up
- Glute med on wall – to fatigue
- Step stance balance x3
- single leg balance and roll – 30 seconds
———————————————- repeat x2 sets ————————————————————–
- Lunge with a roller– rotations x10
- Single knee lift & tap x10
——————————————–repeat x2 sets———————————————————–
- Roller hops/steps -60 seconds
- Forward lean with a roller x10
- Wall squats with a roller x20
——————————————-repeat x2 sets————————————————————